Photo by cottonbro from Pexels
It’s time to get funny and silly with these dinosaur jokes for kids! From laugh-out-loud dinosaur puns to hilarious T. rex jokes, this collection of dinosaur jokes for kids will keep them laughing for hours.
We invite you to read on for a good laugh! Make sure to also check out our short guide at the bottom where we share helpful tips on how to make kids laugh.
Entertaining Dino Jokes About Triceratops, Pterodactyls, and the Brontosaurus
Photo by @wawawiwacomics on Instagram
- What do you call a dinosaur that never gives up? Try-try-try-ceratops!
- Which dinosaurs were the best policemen? Tricera-cops!
- What did the dinosaur call her blouse business? Try Sara’s Tops!
- What do you call twin dinosaurs? Pair-odactyls!
- What kind of dinosaur can you ride in a rodeo? A Bronco-saurus!
Punny (Funny) T. rex Jokes
Photo by Mike on Pinterest
- What do you call a dinosaur wearing a cowboy hat and boots? Tyrannosaurus Tex!
- And what do you call a baby dinosaur? A Wee-Rex!
- What do you call a group of singing dinosaurs? A tyranno-chorus.
- What do you get if you cross a T- rex with explosives? Dino-mite!
- What made the dinosaur’s car stop? A flat Tire-annosaurus!
- Which dinosaur had to wear glasses? Tyrannosaurus Specs!
- What do you call a dinosaur who’s a noisy sleeper? A Tyranno-snorus!
Hilarious Stegosaurus & Velociraptor Dinosaur Jokes
Photo by Andres J. Colmenares on Pinterest
- What do you call a dinosaur that left its armor out in the rain? A Stegosau-rust!
- What do you call a Stegosaurus with carrots in its ears? Anything you want, it can’t hear you!
- What do you call a dinosaur that asks a lot of deep questions? A philosiraptor.
- Where did Velociraptor buy things? At a dino-store!
- How do you know if there’s a stegosaurus in your refrigerator? The door won’t close.
Funny Dinosaur Jokes That Will Make You Laugh Out Loud!
Photo by Reader’s Digest on Pinterest
- What do you call a dinosaur with an extensive vocabulary? A thesaurus!
- What’s a dinosaur’s favorite quote? “Jurassic times call for Jurassic measures!”
- What makes more noise than a dinosaur? Two dinosaurs!
- What do you say when you meet a two-headed dinosaur? Hello, hello!
- When can three giant dinosaurs get under an umbrella and not get wet? When it’s not raining!
- What’s as big as a dinosaur but weighs nothing? Her shadow!
- What do you call a fossil that doesn’t ever want to work? Lazy bones!
- How do you know if there’s a dinosaur in your refrigerator? Look for footprints in the pizza!
- Why was the dinosaur afraid of the ocean? Because there was something fishy about it!
- Why did the dinosaurs go extinct? Because they wouldn’t take a bath!
- What is a dinosaur’s least favorite reindeer? Comet!
Playful and Witty Dinosaur Puns
Photo by pinclipart.com
- What did the dinosaur put on her steak? Dinosauce!
- What type of tool does a prehistoric reptile carpenter use? A dino-saw!
- What kind of materials do dinosaurs use for the floor of their homes? Rep Tiles.
- What’s a child’s favorite dinosaur? A Toys-‘R-Us.
- Where do prehistoric reptiles like to go on vacation? To the dino-shore!
- Can you do it? You bet Jurassican!
- Which dinosaur slept all day? The dino-snore!
- Three dinosaurs stumble across a magic lamp.
They rub it, and a genie appears.
“I have three wishes, so I’ll give one to each of you,” the genie announces.
The first dinosaur thinks hard.
“Alright,” he says, “I’ll have a big, juicy, piece of meat.”
Instantly, the biggest, juiciest piece of meat he’d ever seen appears in front of him.
Not to be outdone, the second dinosaur thinks even harder.
“I know! I’ll have a shower of meat!”
Immediately, huge pieces of meat rain down around him.
The third dinosaur, certainly not to be outdone, thinks even harder than the previous dinosaurs.
“I’ve got it!” he cries, “I want a MEATIER shower!”
How to Make Your Kids Laugh with Dinosaur Jokes?
Did you know laughter can benefit kids’ overall wellbeing? Dr. Mary Gavin of Nemours KidsHealth encourages parents to fill a child’s life with good humor because,
No wonder we feel better after a good laugh! And dinosaur jokes for kids can help you with that. But wait, there’s more.
Different stages of life also call for different ways to make a child laugh. What’s funny will be different for a baby and a toddler. Scholastica shares useful tips on how to bring on the laughter from little dinos of any age:
- Babies: sing songs with lively movement you can do with your baby; surprise your little one with a stuffed toy like an adorable dinosaur puppet and “suddenly discover” it from his pillows or other toys to make him/her laugh.
- Toddlers: create a warm and inviting environment where kids can feel safe expressing their sense of humor. The author, Susan Miller EdD encourages the use of puppets which you can use to create funny scenes to get the kids laughing.
A cute Brachiosaurus puppet they’ll adore will help do the trick. They can also use these to help express their own funny bones too!
- Preschoolers: teach kids the positive and negative kinds of humor to help them understand how to wisely enjoy it; reading funny stories and rhymes are good teaching instruments.
Now, it’s your turn. What funny dinosaur joke will you try first? Now you can make laughter intentional and meaningful as you share these dinosaur jokes with the kids.