How to Make Realistic Dinosaur Costume
First of all, you need to prepare raw materials and tools as below:
Five Steps to Complete Realistic Dinosaur Costume (4 minutes video):
Step One: Making the Frame
1. Weld the steel frame and install electronic components, making roaring and viewing.
2. Connect the electronic components with wires.
Step Two: Molding & Sculpting
1. Cover the frame with foam.
2. Draw and Sculpt the dinosaur shape.
Step Four: Skin Work
1. Coat the silicone on the foam and scrape it.
2. Glue silk stockings on the foam and press on silk stockings until the texture is shown.
Step Five: Painting
1. Mix the oil colors, silicone and gasoline.
2. Put the mixture into spray gun and connect air compressor with PU pipe.
3. Finally spray your favorite color on the dinosaur.
One DIY realistic dinosaur costume comes to life after above five steps (I know it’s tons of work). The Puppeteer in the realistic dinosaur suit can interact with the crowd. The head shaking and tail-swaying are so much lifelike and his roar will make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. Anywhere he goes, he causes a blockbuster.
FAQ for Materials:
What kind of silicone is used for the skin? Where to buy?
A common kind of silicone usually used to glue the glass and easily bought at hardware store.
What kind of foam is used on the frame?
A common kind of soft foam for couch.
Which type of glue did you use to mix to part of the foam?
All purpose adhesive.
How can you see the outside view?
The monitor will show view captured by Camera.
Can you customize the dinosaur costume?
Yes, customize as per your design
How do you go inside dinosaur costume?
Please click How to Put on Dinosaur Costume